Homasote board is an amazing product. Used mainly for sound proofing, it also makes great bulletin boards for cheap and reminds me of art school ❤️❤️❤️
I loved the bare bones open spaces at art school. A studio space feels so full of possibility and energy. I always thought I would live in a space like that, but instead I live in a house that was built in 1860. So I try to bring in those art school elements, especially in our homeschool.
Here are some things to know about homasote board
- Its made from recycled paper that is compressed under high temperature and pressure and held together with an adhesive, Wikipedia
- Must be primed if you are going to paint
- Can be covered in fabric
- Framed out with moulding
- Or left plain (kinda has a weird smell though)
- It comes in 4X8' sheets like sheetrock
- Costs about $30 a sheet at your local home improvement store
Here's one of my homasote bulletin boards in action. I painted it the same color as my wall, Muslin SW6133 . What I love about it is its a flexible gallery wall for whatever projects we are working on or want to showcase. I can easily rearrange whatever is hangin on it with metal push pins. I also really love metal push pins.
More ideas for Homasote board